Helen Watts has over 30 years of industrial,
bridge, commercial, marine and residential hands-on professional engineering experience. She is licensed as a Professional
Engineer in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Hawaii. Many clients
are in the Kennebunk to Augusta, Maine area (Cumberland and Sagadahoc counties) but others have been in Dallas, Lake Tahoe,
Helen Watts Engineering is certified as a WBE (Woman Business
Enterprise) in Maine and New Hampshire. Helen Watts has NCEES and SECB certifications.
Ms. Watts' career includes engineering positions in construction,
facilities management, and structural design and evaluation for employers including Oklahoma Department of Transportation,
Bath Iron Works Corporation, Cianbro Corporation, and Criterium-Mooney Engineers. She has the OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety
and Health card and MaineDOT LAP and Erosion Control certifications.
Professional and Business Memberships:
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Member
- Structural Engineers Association of Maine (SEAM), Board Treasurer
- Society of Women Engineers,
- Town of Bowdoin, Planning Board
- Timber Framer's Guild, Engineering Council
Ms. Watts supports science and technology education by providing engineering demonstrations in classrooms
and at various events, including The Polymer Slime Show.
- Methodist Church
- Life Member, Girl Scouts of America
- Friends of Merrymeeting Bay (Member, Water Tester)
- University of New Hampshire Alumni Association (former ASCE whitewater concrete canoe racer, concrete canoe
- University of Maine Alumni Association