Helen Watts has over 40 years of industrial,
bridge, commercial, marine and residential hands-on professional engineering experience. She is licensed as a Professional
Engineer in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Hawaii - and 8 other states. Many clients
are in the Kennebunk to Augusta, Maine area (Cumberland and Sagadahoc counties) but others have been in Dallas, Lake Tahoe,
Helen Watts has NCEES and SECB certifications.
Ms. Watts' career includes engineering positions in construction,
facilities management, and structural design and evaluation for employers including Oklahoma Department of Transportation,
Bath Iron Works Corporation, Cianbro Corporation, and she is now back with Criterium Engineers in their Freeport office. She
has the OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety and Health card.
Professional and Business Memberships:
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Member
- Structural Engineers Association of Maine (SEAM),
- Society of Women Engineers,
- Town of Bowdoin, Planning Board
- Timber Framer's Guild, Engineering Council
Ms. Watts supports science and technology education by providing engineering demonstrations in classrooms
and at various events, including The Polymer Slime Show.
- Methodist Church
- Life Member, Girl Scouts of America
- Friends of Merrymeeting Bay (Member, Water Tester)
- University of New Hampshire Alumni Association (former ASCE whitewater concrete canoe racer, concrete canoe
- University of Maine Alumni Association